Easter Seals is the leading nonprofit provider of services for individuals with autism, developmental disabilities, physical and mental disabilities, and other special needs. For 90 years, Easter Seals has been offering help and hope to children and adults living with disabilities, and to the families who love them. Through therapy, training, education and support services, Easter Seals creates life-changing solutions so that people with disabilities can live, learn, work and play.
Easter Seals provides exceptional services to ensure that all people with disabilities have equal opportunities to live, learn, work and play in their communities.
As the largest voluntary health organization in the United States (November 2008 NonProfit Times) – and as the nation’s largest nonprofit provider of services for children living with disabilities, it was fitting that Easter Seals was selected by CVS Caremark as an All Kids Can national partner when the Program was introduced in 2006.
Since then, CVS Caremark’s support of Easter Seals through the All Kids Can Program has assured the delivery of Easter Seals services to - with life-changing impact in - the lives of nearly 100,000 children with disabilities served by Easter Seals nationwide. Plus, CVS Caremark’s support of Easter Seals is not only touching the lives of children served by Easter Seals; this support is impacting the lives of the hundreds of thousands of people who love and care for these children: their parents, grandparents, siblings and other family members; their peers and playmates; their teachers and future employers.
“The CVS Caremark All Kids Can Program represents Corporate Social Responsibility at its best,” states Easter Seals President and Chief Executive Officer James E. Williams, Jr. “Having the support of a corporate leader like CVS Caremark means so much to Easter Seals – and to the children and families who rely on us for critical services. We know what’s possible for children with disabilities – and our partnership with CVS Caremark through All Kids Can has allowed us to deliver even more services to these children – for which we are so grateful.”
As the national beneficiary of the CVS Caremark All Kids Can Fund, Easter Seals affiliates in key CVS Caremark markets receive much-needed support to respond to the growing need for services by children living with disabilities. Through the Fund, CVS Caremark is dramatically enhancing Easter Seals’ capacity to serve tens of thousands more children with disabilities each year.
Examples of this impact include:
- Support to advance the delivery of evidence-based interventions and therapies by Easter Seals therapists to young children living with autism in nearly a dozen communities across America;
- Funding for Child Development Centers where children of all abilities learn and grow together;
- Respite programs for children with disabilities and their families;
- Assistive technology support to children and young adults with disabilities which allow them to fully participate in the classroom – and in life;
- Funding for camping and recreation programs that allow kids with disabilities to experience the joy of play – and the joy of just being kids!
But the greatest impact can be communicated by those touched by CVS Caremark’s All Kids’ Can Program – the children and families benefiting from the Program:
- When Joey began receiving Easter Seals services almost five years ago, he was unable to speak, follow directions or communicate with others. Now at age eight, Joey is able to express himself in complete sentences and is able to read! Joey was a beneficiary of CVS Caremark’s Fund gift to support summer speech therapies to assure that achievements realized by students during the school year were not lost over the summer months due to lack of speech services outside of school. He continues to make remarkable progress!
- Leah was born with spastic quad cerebral palsy and uses a wheelchair. Through CVS Caremark’s support, she attended Easter Seals’ camp where “no one is judged or ridiculed, and every camper is able to participate. Camp is the closest place to heaven on earth!” Leah works full-time, planning to finish her Master’s degree and become a motivational speaker. “Easter Seals has helped me achieve the confidence to do whatever I want in life!”
- Nicholas was diagnosed with developmental delays shortly before his third birthday. He wasn’t talking and didn’t interact with other children. After occupational, speech and sensory integration therapies from Easter Seals, he is now functioning at his chronological age and is enjoying his first grade experience. His mother shares, “Easter Seals has helped Nicholas grow in so many ways …and has given us hope that he will be a successful person!”
- Lee is just one of hundreds of children who will benefit from expanded early intervention and education services at Easter Seals in Tampa. Lee has several medical diagnoses – a heart condition, a single kidney, immune deficiency and spina bifida; he is also developmentally delayed. Lee’s mom credits Easter Seals with all he’s accomplished in the past two years with multiple daily and weekly therapies: he can now eat “normal” food, speaks over 200 words, sings constantly and is learning to walk. He will be among the first to attend the new CDC when it opens in late 2009 thanks to support from CVS Caremark!
233 South Wacker Drive, Suite 2400
Chicago, IL 60606
phone (312) 726-6200
fax (312) 726-1494
tty (312) 726-4258
toll-free (800) 221-6827